Jon Hamm the Toilet and Other Future Perfect ‘Bob’s Burgers’ Guest Stars
The Jon Hamm’s John Ham prophecy has moved a step forward. Comedy’s boyfriend Jon Hamm will play a toilet on the next season of Bob’s Burgers. Bob’s Burgers’ creator Loren Bouchard explained the what and why of the cameo:
“It’s a kind of E.T. homage, but instead of an alien, it’s this high-end talking electronic toilet that falls off a truck and lands in the woods. And Gene finds it, E.T.-style. It’s kind of a love story between a boy and a toilet.”
It just makes so much sense. But wait there’s more. So much more that let’s switch to a list format. Ready? And go [Spoiler Alerting]:
– Zach Galifianakis will play a mannequin in a Christmas episode that’s “A Christmas Story meets Mannequin.”
– In the second episode, Bob fires the kids and they get jobs working on Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally’s marijuana farm.
– For the Thanksgiving episode Kevin Kline’s landlord with an eyepatch character is going to convince the family to pretend to be his family.
– Kurt Braunohler will be “a teenage bully who steals Louise’s bunny ears.”
– Bob Odenkirk will voice “a crooked insurance adjustor?”
– Will Forte will be there voicing “a douchey middle-school media guy who kind of brings high-end newscasting to Wagstaff Middle School and messes with Tina.”
– David Wain is voicing ““a girl who like-likes Gene and is basically Gene’s first girlfriend, even though she’s the most annoying girl in school — she’s always sucking on her necklace, and she sounds like David Wain”
– Tim Heidecker is coming to voice a “bizarre mother-daughter guru who helps mothers and daughters repair their broken relationships.”
– Jeffrey Tambor will play ““a sea captain in an episode called ‘Mutiny on the Windbreak.’”
– Gary Cole is coming back as Sgt. Bosco for the Valentine’s Day episode, in which Linda tries to do speed-dating at the restaurant.
– Aziz Ansari will be back playing Darryl in an episode where the kids find a hill that overlooks a nude beach.
– Fred Armisen will play a Jersey-accented “nude-beach inspector” in that episode.
– Paul F. Tompkins will be back but not as filmmaker Randy but as a ventriloquist whose dummy becomes the apple of Gene’s eye.
– Robert Ben Garant is returning but not as the baseball player but as a biker.
Phew. Pretty amazing, right? This many guest stars and they should probably write on the burger special chalk board: “Cameobert Cheese Burger.”