SF Sketchfest’s 2013 Lineup: ‘Portlandia,’ ‘Childrens Hospital,’ Stella, and Maya Rudolph Covering Prince
Long-running Bay Area comedy festival SF Sketchfest just announced its 2013 lineup, and it’s pretty impressive roster that includes pretty much everybody in comedy. The event runs from January 24 to February 10, 2013, taking place in 26 different venues in San Francisco. Tickets ranging from $10 to $50 will go on sale at 10:00am PST this Sunday at www.sfsketchfest.com. The lineup is so good it should make any comedy fan who doesn’t live near San Francisco go absolutely insane with envy. Highlights include:
- Tributes to Portlandia and Childrens Hospital with the creators and cast
- Michael Ian Black, David Wain and Michael Showalter reuniting to perform their acclaimed Stella nightclub act
- Maya Rudolph’s all-girl Prince tribute band
- A long-form improv show from Rob Corddry, Rob Huebel, Paul Scheer, Seth Morris, John Ross Bowie, and Brian Huskey
- Patton Oswalt interviewing Bruce Campbell before a screening of Army of Darkness
- A staging of David Wain, Joe Lo Truglio, and Michael Showalter’s 1998 play SEX (a.k.a Wieners and Boobs)
- An Upright Citizens Brigade ASSSSCAT show featuring Matt Besser, Matt Walsh, Ian Roberts, Chris Gethard, Scott Adsit, Tami Sagher, and a guest monologist.
- Three performances from Reggie Watts – one of which features Police Academy sound effects whiz Michael Winslow
- A panel discussion with the cast and creators of Ken Marino and Erica Oyama’s web series Burning Love
- Live podcasts from Nerdist, How Was Your Week, Who Charted?, Bullseye, You Made It Weird, The Tobolowsky Files, Professor Blastoff, Never Not Funny, Dead Authors, Throwing Shade, On Cinema, Before You Were Funny, Harmontown, Pop My Culture, Superego, and more.