Kumail Nanjiani, Nate Corddry, Parker Posey, and More Cast in Pilots
Pilot season is in full swing, with networks ordering up new shows right and left. Here’s a rundown of actors who have been cast in comedies over the past few days:
- Nate Corddry (Studio 60, Daily Show), Matt Jones (“Badger” from Breaking Bad), and Spencer Daniels (Star Trek) have been cast in CBS’s Mom, a comedy from unfunny incarnate Chuck Lorre about a newly sober single mom (Anna Faris). Allison Janney was cast previously, meaning Mom will feature a better cast than any show Chuck Lorre’s ever been within a hundred feet of.
- Parker Posey will play the female lead in an untitled NBC comedy produced by Jason Bateman and created by D.J. Nash (Up All Night). It’s a family show centered on a son who sees his youthful mother and blind father come closer together after their divorce.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Portlandia) and Zach Woods (The Office) have joined Mike Judge’s HBO pilot Silicon Valley about people in the booming tech industry. Nanjiani will play a hacker and Woods will be a young business exec. The cast also includes T.J. Miller and Thomas Middleditch.
- Amanda Lund has been cast as the female lead in an untitled comedy about middle school teachers starring The Office‘s Craig Robinson and produced by The Office‘s Greg Daniels and Owen Ellickson, who created the show. She’ll probably feel left out on the set because everybody else will have fun inside jokes from years of having worked on The Office together.
- Christina Ricci will play the titular girlfriend in NBC’s Girlfriend in a Coma, which is about exactly what you think it’s about.