Nasim Pedrad Joins John Mulaney’s NBC Pilot
SNL castmember Nasim Pedrad may be jumping to another NBC show this fall. THR reports that Pedrad has joined the cast of The John Mulaney Show, a high-profile pilot that is being produced by her SNL boss Lorne Michaels and was created by SNL writer/stand-up John Mulaney as a starring vehicle for himself.
If The John Mulaney Show gets picked up for the fall, Nasim Pedrad, who is SNL‘s longest-serving female castmember with four seasons under her belt, will leave the show, along with Mulaney who’s been writing there for the past five seasons. So, unless NBC screws up really bad and doesn’t pick up this promising show, it looks like SNL will be losing another cast member in May besides Jason Sudeikis, who is expected to exit, and Seth Meyers, who will likely leave this season or next if he inherits Late Night from Jimmy Fallon.
Here’s the complete info on The John Mulaney Show‘s cast and characters:
- John Mulaney as John Mulaney, a naive comedian who writes for a game show and lives with roommates Jane and Seymour.
- Elliott Gould as Alfred, Mulaney’s tough gay neighbor.
- Nasim Pedrad as Mulaney’s roommate Jane, “the sweet, intelligent and lazy grade school teacher who doesn’t love her job and wants to make changes but she’s addicted to procrastinating.”
- NYC-based stand-up Griffin Newman as Mulaney’s other roommate Seymour, “a weird genius in the body of a dustbowl child.”
- A role that has yet to be cast as a comic name Motif.
- Martin Short as Mulaney’s boss, a game show host named Lou Cannon who gives him advice.