The first big comedy of the year, Identity Thief, starring Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy and directed by Horrible Bosses helmer Seth Gordon, drops today, and reviews so far are overwhelmingly negative. Identity Thief, as of this writing, has received a 25% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 41/100 Metacritic. Reviewers have come to a consensus that Bateman and McCarthy aren't the problems with the movie and that the laugh-light, undisciplined script is its greatest weakness. Critics have singled out Bateman and McCarthy's performance, in particular, making the two leads the only subjects of praise in the movie amongst critics. The Seattle Times sums it up, writing [...]
- After a long summer break, Happy Endings finally returned. The cast and writers held an awesome live show, which you can watch here.
- Louis C.K. is hosting SNL next week, and we looked at his 19-year past with the NBC sketch show.
- Arrested Development guest stars Maria Bamford, Conan O'Brien, and Andy Richter were revealed.
- The Office head honcho Greg Daniels is producing new shows for stars Craig Robinson (for NBC) and Brian Baumgartner (for ABC).
- Brandon T. Jackson was hired to play Axel Foley's son in the new Beverly Hills Cop TV series.
- Ellen DeGeneres received the Mark Twain Prize.
- We [...]